What is Supported Living?
Supported living is for individuals who are no longer going to be living with their family but who still need regular support. The most important thing is that these individuals have their own tenancy and cannot be made to leave their home. They will be supported:
- To become good tenants.
- To make choices in their day-to-day life.
- To have a voice in the choices they make.
The tenant will be given CHOICE, CONTROL and COMMUNITY INCLUSION
Supported living allows the tenant:
- Choice of geographic area.
- Choice of who they live with.
- Involvement in their community.
- The same rights and responsibilities as other citizens.